Thank you for stopping by red. May I take your coat and offer you an aperitif?
By way of introduction and in order to make a fresh start here on red, I thought I would take this opportunity to share a few random things you may or may not know about me.
1. I looooove cooking and baking. As I am currently tackling the Dukan diet with some of my friends, I am having fun learning and experimenting with low-fat – yet still delicious – culinary feats.
Dukan Custard Swiss Roll (you can find the recipe here)
2. I live in the South of Copenhagen on a small island by the sea with my number one guy K.
K and I braving the March wind at Amagerstrand
3. Have you ever read “Color Me Beautiful“? Well, I have, and as a a girl with “Autumn” skin and hair coloring, I choose warm metals to complement my skin tone. Hmmm… perhaps this is just an excuse to accumulate lots and lots of gold accessories. (K calls them my “bling”.)
A collection of jewelery from River Island, Asos, H&M ~ Jeffery Campbell platforms
4. Despite my usual muted wardrobe choices (creamy whites, soft pinks, black and grey), I am currently trying to work in some fun, bright colors into my daily outfits – such as these bright pink pants and red clutch for example.
Zara pants and Asos clutch
5. I love fake mustaches and other silly party favors – like Scary Hand tattoos!
My beautiful friends and I playing around on my 22nd birthday
6. I love to sew. I think it’s the perfect way to unwind after a long day, an easy way to be creative, and the fastest way to add new items to my closet. Recently I sewed up this simple folded clutch just for fun. (StyleScrapbook recently wrote a great DIY post on this – take a look!)
My beautiful sewing machine from K’s mother and DIY fold-over clutch
7. If I ever feel a bit tired of my usual favorite clothes, I love to make DIY necklaces that can add a new spin to an old favorite.
A simple ribbon charm and a statement nod to Breakfast at Tiffany’s ~ H&M sweaters
8. The number eight is my favorite number! (Do people still have favorite numbers? Maybe I’m outdated…)
So there’s eight things you may or may not have known about me! To celebrate my first week blogging on red, I will share a new “fact” about me every day this week.
Furthermore, to welcome my dear friends, family and strangers (perhaps?) to my new blog, I will also hold a small give-away this week!
Leave a comment on any post this week (with your email address included) that lets me know what you would like to see featured here on red – recipes, outfit posts, DIYs, Copenhagen sights, you name it! – and at the end of the week I will choose a random winner to win a gift made just for you, by me!
It could be a DIY necklace, a package of sweet treats or even a gourmet dinner if you’re a friend of mine in Copenhagen! You can enter up to 8 times – one entry for each comment made on today’s post, and one entry for each comment made on the next seven posts this week. On Monday, March 28th I will randomly select a winner!
Thank you for stopping by red. See you tomorrow luvs!