Here are a few staple summer pieces, for your consideration!
1. A pleated skirt: they are feminine, flattering, and utterly fresh. Choose your length (midi – just below the knee – is quite nice), color, and fit (personally, I love everything to fit on my waist) and then wear with almost all of the tops you own. Try this black pleated midi skirt by Topshop.
2. A striped shirt: by now a summertime staple, striped shirts are the epitome of laid back cool. Wear tucked into a skirt or high waist jeans and add sunglasses. Helloooo retro chic! Try finding one at your local thrift or vintage store, or try this striped shirt from People Tree.
3. A white blouse: a classic piece important for any wardrobe, any season. Pull a slightly oversized version from the mens department, tuck into a mini skirt and roll up the sleeves, or go for a clean, crisp and feminine piece like this white blouse from Minimarket.
4. A little black dress: a good LBD is critical – it should be your go to piece when you need to feel fabulous with little effort. Find one to suit your figure and style – I personally love this lattice one from Motel Rocks.
5. A little white dress: in summer, I find that a LWD is just as important. Easy, breezy, beautiful. Once again, find one that fits your figure and style and it will be a go to item all summer long. I loooove this white lace dress by Asos Salon – a little lace can go a long way!
6. A statement necklace: bold jewelry can help add excitement and glamor to any outfit. This season go for statement pieces like this spiked necklace from Asos, or try a minimalist approach with a thick metal band or cuff necklace.
8. Beige shoes: a pair of beige shoes is perfect to go with all of your summer clothes – and in a sweet Mary Jane shape, you really can’t go wrong.
And well, there is my humble opinion of what should fill your wardrobe this summer!
Enjoy gals – and remember, every summer outfit looks good with SPF 30+! 😉